I lived in San Diego for three years before my son moved in with me. As a kid I had loved Lego, and honestly – I still do. I really badly wanted to go to Legoland, but was told that it was for little kids – which it really is. So, when my son moved in with me I knew right away that I had the perfect excuse to go for the first time – so that my son could enjoy it! At a local San Diego scrapbook store I found the Lego background pages that you see on all three of these spreads. The are embossed with the Lego dots and all of the pages have a plastic feel (which actually made it somewhat hard to affix the pictures to.
On this first spread I used some black Fastenators on the page as I thought that they looked like black Lego pieces. The Title on the left hand page is from a set of pre-cut sticker letters that were originally white with a black border. I used a red marker to color them in so that it would match the red Lego pieces on the background page. The title on the right and page and also from a pre-cut letter sticker set.
On this spread I used the same white pre-cut sticker letters that I colored red from the first page. I also cut the photographs on the left hand page to fit perfectly into the squares that were already part of the background page.
On this third spread I stray a little from the Lego backgrounds on the right hand side so that I could use a Water Park background page. This was my son’s favorite part of the Legoland park on our first trip and we sepnt a good part of the day here.
- LegoLand California (travelingvisitorsreview.wordpress.com)
- Legoland roleplay under construction… (receptionclass2013.wordpress.com)
- Travel: New hotel makes Legoland a big player among amusement parks (mercurynews.com)
- LEGOLAND California Resort Opens LEGO-Themed Hotel (laughingsquid.com)
- LEGO Queen Puts On Crown For Half Term (llwfansite.wordpress.com)
- #31: Legoland (wanderoneday.com)