2012: Abraham Lincoln Tomb
After we visited the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library we decided to go to the Lincoln Tomb in Springfield, IL – it is just a few miles away from the Library. Our exchange student, Jonathan, was amazed that we could go right inside the memorial building and see the tomb, as “ordinary people”. I chose a blue background for this page to match the wonderful blue skies that we were having that day, and that showed up in the pictures on the left hand page. I used my cricut machine to cut the wreaths on the page.
For the Abraham Lincoln Signature I actually downloaded a SVG file of his signature and then imported it into a program called Sure-Cuts-A-Lot and then used that program and my Cricut to cut it out. Unfortunately you can no longer buy a version of Sure-Cuts-A-Lot that works with the Cricut machine, but it is available for many other die cutting machines.
- Pennies at Lincoln’s Tomb not from heaven (sj-r.com)
- 8th Grade Springfield Trip (sttheresechicagoblog.org)
- Land of Lincoln (dawnmariew19.wordpress.com)
- Paying respect to the Ancestors (themooncard.wordpress.com)
- Download Lincoln Centennial: Addresses Delivered At the Memorial Exercises Held At Springfield, Illinois, February 12, 1909, Commemorating the One Hundredth Birthday of Abraham Lincoln (1909) ebook (itgirofo.wordpress.com)