Europe Vacation: Vienna, Austria – Schönbrunn Palace and Hofburg Palace
This page showcases two different palaces that we visited while in Vienna, the Schönbrunn Palace and the Hofburg Palace. Schönbrunn is famous for its immaculate gardens and I wanted to highlight this by using a green color palette. If you look closely you will also notice that the left hand page background is grass.
There are two techniques that I used on this spread that I had not used before. The first is that we used a corner cutter to cut flowers into the photographs and I am pleased with the way this turned out. It works best if you have a solid background behind the cut. You also have to be very careful in making the cuts because if you make a mistake it cannot be rectified and you may lose the picture.
The second technique was to use a shaped edge ruler to make the design around the end of the right hand page using a silver marker. I also then used a sliver of the solid background from the right hand page on the left edge of the left page and used the silver liner edge technique on that. This simple trick can add depth or symmetry to your work.
- 24 Hrs in Vienna? Head to the Hofburg (ani-shah.com)
- Hofburg Palace, Vienna – A Glorious Monument to Royal Opulence (bulletinamaelstrom.wordpress.com)
- Vienna – Three Days, Three Palaces – Vienna, Austria (travelpod.com)
- Try Vienna (marcv100.wordpress.com)
- Home of the schnitzel – Vienna, Austria (travelpod.com)
- 24 hours in Vienna – A 24 hour travel guide to Vienna (essentialtravel.co.uk)
Categories: Europe Vacation 2002