Disney Vacation 2008 – Magic Kingdom – Disney Parade
Disney Tip: Parades – when you first get to the park look at the park schedule and maps to see when the parades are, and what the parade routes are. The pick a place on the route and be there early. You will see Disney cast members starting to prepare the area, and when you do take a seat on the ground right up front – it is the best way to experience it and to get great pictures.
I created a series of 4 spreads (8 pages in total) from the parade in the Magic Kingdom. Parades are a great way to see all of the characters and I took way too many pictures. Ir order to bring them together for the scrapbook I used one picture of each character and paired it with a 3D sticker from the collection I purchased from eBay.
Above we meet Baloo, Rafiki, Peter Pan, Cinderella and Prince Charming. You will see that I changed the way that I added frames to these pictures. Instead of formal borders I used Disney papers and off set the photographs on them. While the frame paper is similar I matched the colors to that of the photographs.
If you look carefully at the right hand page on this last spread you will notice round silver dots. These are actually some of my favorite ephemera from the trip – they were shooting out of the top of the towers on this float. After the parade was over my son eagerly collected them from the ground as he felt that they had to go in the scrapbook. On this page we see Belle and the Beast, Ariel, Donald Duck and the Chipmunks, Chip and Dale. I used the same corner cutter on the frames of these photographs to tie the two pages together.
- Taking in the Walt Disney World Parades (chipandco.com)
- A Shout Out to the Magic Kingdom Newsstand (chipandco.com)
- Guest Post: 20 Hip Tips to Save at Disney (hip2save.com)
- Disney Vacation 2008: Magic Kingdom – Cinderella’s Royal Table (mascrapping.com)
- Florida Vacation: Disney World’s Magic Kingdom (amongmanyblessings.com)
- Top 10 FREE Things to Do in Disney on a NON-Theme Park Day’s Visit (meetthemagic.com)