Canada Cruise 2010: Statue of Liberty
As our cruise started out, we passed by the Statue of Liberty – this was the first time that I had ever seen it this close. We took a ton of pictures as I wasn’t sure how they were going to turn out. When I had them developed I realized that most of them had turned out wonderful so I wanted to dedicate a page in the album to this landmark.
I had a scrapbook page that had the Statue of Liberty on it as well as the Empire State Building, but I just could not get the pictures to work on the page. So I decided to cut out the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty and place them on new background pages so that I could fit the pictures in where I wanted. If you look carefully at the flame in the torch you can see some of the wording that was on the original page.
If you look carefully you can also see that I used the trimming from each page as a border accent on the other page. This is a great technique for tying two pages in a spread together.
- Statue Of Liberty Live At Sunrise (futurelawyer.typepad.com)
- Places to visit – Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island (andreastankovic.wordpress.com)
- Sandy Recovery: Things Are Looking Up (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty remain closed after massive damage by Superstorm Sandy (irishcentral.com)
- Ongoing repairs keep Statue of Liberty closed (terradaily.com)
- Lady Liberty ‘Frozen in Time’ After Sandy Hit NYC (theepochtimes.com)
- Statue of Liberty (aracajusmango.wordpress.com)
- NYC most iconic tourist attraction, the Statue of Liberty will reopen in time for the 4th of July! (irishcruiseblog.typepad.com)