Canada Cruise 2010: Carnival Glory Smokestack
This is my favorite page in the entire album. As we headed out to sea, my son and I felt that we had to explore the ship. I am not sure what everyone else was doing, because there were hardly any people outside, and we had the top deck of the ship nearly to ourselves.
As you can see from these pictures we walked from one end of the ship to the other. I had two options for placing the pictures:
- Put the pictures of my son and I on the same page – one at the front and one at the back, or
- Put the pictures of the front and the back of the ship together – which is the option that I chose.
Design elements on this spread:
- I am very proud of the right hand page. I actually created this page myself using 4 different papers. The background paper has the clouds, but the large smokestack I made by cutting red, blue and white papers to the shape of the smokestack. I used a picture of the smokestack that I had taken to freehand draw with pencil on the cardstock paper. I then cut out each piece separately. I then used paint to give dimension to the red and blue sections. Finally all the sections I outlined using a black marker to give them definition. I was thrilled that it turned out so well.
- Since I had outlined the smokestack with black marker, I also chose to outline each of the photographs with a black marker. I used a thick sharpie and a ruler to accomplish this. Do not try to do it free hand!
- If you look carefully at the left hand page you will notice that the flag that is flying on its own is actually a photograph of the ships flag that I hand cut and placed on the page to blend in with the flag background paper.
Categories: 2010, Canada Cruise Vacation 2010, Vacations
Leave a Reply